Ontario Municipalities Can Now Apply for up to $250k in Funding for Festivals and Events
The 2021 Reconnect Festival and Event Program supports up to 50% of eligible costs related to innovative programming and marketing for festivals and events. The program is designed to help improve experiences for visitors and stimulate local community economic development and recovery. The deadline to apply is April 20, 2021 by 5 p.m.
The program supports innovative events in Ontario that will:
- Provide safe experiences that encourage people to rediscover the beauty and diversity of Ontario’s communities\
- Draw attendees, whether in-person or virtually
- Provide a positive economic impact
- Provide job opportunities for Ontarians in the tourism, culture and entertainment sectors
- Increase Ontario’s profile through media and/or broadcast exposure to instill interest in future travel to the province once it is safe to do so
Eligible Event Requirements
- The event must take place between April 1, 2021, and March 31, 2022
- In-person events must occur in the province of Ontario
- Broadcast or virtual events must be produced in Ontario
- Events must be open to the public at large without membership in a club or group
- Events must follow all municipal and provincial guidelines, including health and safety guidelines
- Applications are due April 20, 2021 by 5 p.m.