Up to $250k Available for Food & Bio-industrial Processors in Alberta
The CAP Alberta, Value Added Program (CAPAB-VAP) aims to support the growth of Alberta's value-added food and bio-industrial processors. It does so by providing financial assistance to projects that will result in business growth through increasing sales with the development of new products, adoption of innovative processes, the commercialization of products in new markets, job creation, and business expansion in local, national and international markets.
The intake period for this round is from April 11, 2022 to May 24, 2022.
- Food processors and bio-industrial processors with a minimum of $100,000 in global gross annual sales
- Processing capacity expansion
- Food safety improvement
- New product and process development
- Market development and access
- Eligible capital expenses will be cost shared at 25% grant and 75% applicant
- Eligible non-capital expenses will be cost shared at 50% grant and 50% applicant, to a maximum of $50,000
- The maximum total grant funding an applicant can receive per fiscal year is $250,000
Applications must be submitted by May 24, 2022.