Up to $500,000 is Available for Employers in Alberta Who Are Hiring or Training Employees
In efforts to offset the negative effects of COVID-19, a global recession, as well as a world oil price collapse, the Government of Alberta is investing $370M to assist businesses as they re-open or expand as the economy recovers. Funding will be allocated through the Alberta Jobs Now Program, and is dedicated to making the hiring and training of new employees more affordable for employers by subsidizing wages, funding training, or a combination of both to hire a new employee. This program will be accepting applications through three intake periods. The second intake of this program will open on September 16, 2021.
- Recruiting new hires
- Replacing a new hire
- Training employees
- Non-profit organizations
- Small, medium and large businesses across all industries in the private sector
- Private businesses, including sole-proprietors, general and limited partnerships, franchises and corporations
Eligible applicants must:
- Be located and operational in Alberta
- Be hiring for new or vacant full-time positions for at least 52 weeks
Federal, provincial or municipal governments, as well as public sector organizations (public post-secondary institutions, schools, school boards, hospitals, health authorities, etc.) are not eligible for this funding.
- Eligible employers applying for the grant may receive funding equal to 25% of the employee’s annual salary, to a maximum of $25,000 per new hire
- The employer is eligible for a grant up to 37.5% of the employee’s annual salary, to a maximum of $37,500 if the hire has a disability
- An employer can apply for up to 20 new hires per application intake
- Applications for the second intake of the Alberta Jobs Now Program will close on December 31, 2021.